Strike and Lay-off
Strike and Lay-off waiver of premium benefits are available to all policyholders at no cost. Below are the differences in the two benefits:
1. Policy must be in force 90 days prior to strike start date.
2. Maximum benefit is 12 months.
3. Claim form is an AG-79 (this is a white card).
1. Policy must be in force 60 days prior to lay-off start date.
2. Maximum benefit is 3 months.
3. Claim form is an AG-2147 (this is a blue card).
In both situations, we need verification from a union official or employer. The striking union member or laid-off employee must be insured with us for the benefit to be provided. When the premium is waived on our insured, the waiver will also apply to policies insuring the insured's spouse.
Once the waiver of premium benefit is approved, continuance forms are required for continuation of the benefit. The continuance form requires verification from the union official or employer and is needed every 30 days. In other words, we need a new form completed by the union official or employer, each month.